Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Power of Books

As you know, I LOVE books of every kind. One of things I love so much about books is the way they make me feel. There are some books that make me laugh so hard I can hardly breathe, cry so much that I need a tissue, or get so excited that I can't wait to turn the page. Other books keep me smiling for days or even make me think about the world and people in whole new ways. The first time I read Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus I laughed so hard I got a bellyache! Do books ever give you special feeling too?

How do books make you feel?

4 comments:

zoe said...

There are some books I like soooo much I do not want them to end!! But I really want to know what will happen to the characters. One book like this is Nim's Island and it was very exciting. I also like the Judy Moody books because they are funny.

Eve said...

i have a Hotel For Dogs book and it is funny. i like other books about dogs and cats too. Dog Breath was about a dog named Hally Tosis.

Ms. Curtis said...

Zoe - We are reading Stink in one of my reading clubs right now and we just got to the part where Judy loses the newt down the kitchen drain. I thought of you when I read it because I know that you like Judy Moody.

Eve - if you like dog books, I bet you'd love Three Stories You Can Read to Your Dog . It is full of short stories written about a dog's point of view. They are all hillarious!

Eve said...

i love dog books d.b do you love dog and cat books i love dogs so moch i am gana get all of the dog books cat books

Visit the Martha Speaks Website