Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Read for the Record 2009

On October 8th, students, parents, staff, and community members all worked together to try to break a world record for the largest shared reading event ever. All across the world people gathered to read The Very Hungry Caterpillar. At Saccarappa School, we created beautiful art projects, had a special assembly in the music room, visited Eric carle's website ( http://www.ericcarle.com/)and entertained VIP guest readers such as Mayor Bruce Chuluda and Superintendent Dr. Reza Namin. It was a fun-filled day for celebrating books!

What was your favorite part of Read for the Record?

17 comments:

Halla D. said...

I liked it when we read the book in the music room.

Joe B. said...

I liked it because we are going to be in the Guinness Book of World Records.

Derek K. said...

I liked the big, huge caterpillar on the wall it creeps me out (and being creeped out is a good thing).

Anonymous said...

I liked when the parents came and they read us the Very Hungry Caterpillar.

Joshua said...

That he ate three plums.

Savanna J. said...

I liked it when he ate through one apple.

Phin N. said...

I liked it when we watched the Very Hungry Caterpillar movie in our classroom, it was funny!!

Brooke (and Mrs. G) said...

I liked it when we all read the book together in the music room because Mrs. Gaulrapp did a great job pointing to the words.

Mrs, Gersen said...

I had a fabulous time reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar to a group of students in Mrs. Petry's room. We liked the story soooo much that we read it two times!

Mrs. Hersom said...

Hi Readers!

I read the Very Hungry Caterpillar in Mrs. Martin's class (the students actually read the book to me!)I really loved wearing my caterpillar hat and I still love the huge caterpillar that is hanging in our main hallway. Do you think we should give it a name?

Mr. Bean's Class said...

Mr Bean's class liked many things about the book:

-Sarah liked the colors in the book.

-Tiana, Eve, Theo, and Brady liked when he came out of the coccoon and turned into a butterfly.

-Jarred liked the caterpillar on the wall. It is very cool.

-Brandon liked when he turned into a coccoon.

-Milany, Nick, Tony, and Brenden liked when he ate things like cake and a pickle, and ice cream.

-Aidan liked when he ate through a leaf.

-Hailey liked when it was nighttime on the leaf.

-Jodi liked when he got a stomachache and then ate through a leaf.

-Sophy liked when he felt better.

Mrs. Petry's room said...

Daniel-I liked reading the caterpillar book in the music room.

Tyler C.-
I liked when we got our picture taken in front of the big caterpillar.

Gabriel- I liked it when I made the hat for Ms. Hersom.

Tyler L.- I like the part where we got to stand by the big caterpillar.

Anthony-I liked the movie about Eric Carle on the smartboard. I liked when Eric Carle showed us how he painted.

Matthew- I liked it when we took our pictures by the big caterpillar.

Kameron- I liked it when Mrs. Martin read the pop-up book and I liked the butterfly at the end.

Keagan-I liked when we made caterpillar hats and I gave one to Mrs. Lentz.

Mrs. Petry said...

Ashley liked it when she got to see the caterpillar on the computers. Madina liked it when we read the caterpillar book. Hannah and McKenzie liked the book - Hannah's favorite part was the butterfly part at the end and McKenzie's favorite part was when the caterpillar ate too much food! Reighley loved making the caterpillar hats. Jasmine liked it when we all read it together. Caitlin liked that her mom came to read The Very Hungry Caterpillar in her room, and Sienna liked it when Caitlin's mom read to her. Ariana liked Caitlin's mom too! Hallie liked reading in the music room.

savanna said...

it cos wos fon be cos the botrfos

phin said...

soo fun

Mrs. Colgan's Class said...

Our favorite part of Read for the Record.
When the caterpillar ate the oranges. - Ashtin
When he ate the pie and all that kind of food. - Maren
When the caterpillar turned into a butterfly. - Shelby
I love all the colors on the butterfly. - Robert
I like when he eats the watermelon. - Chloe

Ms. Curtis said...

Thank you for all the great comments! It sounds like a lot of classes enjoyed the day as much as I did! Mrs. Petry's class, Mrs. Gaulrapp's class, Mrs. Colgan's class, and Mr. Bean's class all seemed to have lots of fun!

Visit the Martha Speaks Website